Hello! No Ripping !

2006-04-17 '
Faith gives you SUPERNATURAL boundaries

What is 'Faith'?
Faith is a strong belief in having supernatural power that God has given you.
How can 'Faith' help us?
Faith brings us over and out of the boundaries we never think we could cross.

Look at Matthew 14:25-29, Jesus had returned from the mountains and was walking on the sea to meet His disciples. And when Peter had saw Him, he was amazed and asked if he could walk on water too. Jesus said "Come." Peter stepped out in faith and managed to walk on water.

Initially, Peter's movement was limited and could only move within the boat. But when Peter BELIEVED or rather had faith, he managed to walk on water and was now OUT of the boundaries. He never thought he could, which person would attempt to walk on water? Only with God's power, the impossibles are overcomed!
Number of footsteps Peter could take on boat : 200<
Number of footsteps Peter could take on sea : Unlimited

"But that's stupid, how can walking on water help me?!"

No, look at it in a different way. A similar situation occured to me a couple of times already. One example is reaching out of lost souls and bringing them to Christ. All I thought I could reach out to is within my class, or maybe the ones that are close to me. I didn't believe for more. But when God spoke to me, when God comforted me with His love, giving me faith, I attempted, and succeeded. Who knew I could bring someone whom I have not talked to for like 5 years to church? I was limited to within my close ones, but I stretched out all the way to everyone I knew.
Number of close ones - 10<
Number of people I knew - 150>

But nevertheless, the devil is always doing works to stop this from happening. Matthew 14:30, [But when Peter saw that the wind was boisterous, he was afraid; and beginning to sink he cried out, saying, "Lord,save me!"] The devil is always preventing God's will to be done, and the trick he uses is putting fear into people. Faith brings you out of the boundaries, fear pulls you back in. If I had feared rejection, I would never have attempted to reach out. Faith is the key. So similar thing for you, if you want to get out of your limited walking space, let the seed of faith grow in you, grow into a big big big gigantic huge tree :) Have faith! Amen.

I was motivated to do a little research on Faith after listening to couple of people preach on this topic. I believe it's not hard to get a good sermon on Faith, but the only thing that is tough is preaching it to a crowd. Must have faith to preach about faith, so if you are nervous it isn't a good sign =p

Had a great easter weekend. Lots of new faces, I wonder if our church hit 40,000 ? Haha. God's amazing grace that our cellgroup managed to get such a big harvest. Praise God. But work's not completed yet. Yep, lotsa visitations and bible studies coming up. Work work work, but in return lotsa blessings. Been so very blessed. Friday I had to give up my week's pocket money to buy jersey that my soccer buddies made, pretty cool, orange with names printed behind. But anyway, I had no pocket money left, $0. Saturday morning I was worried how to tide over the weekends, how to approach my parents for money, I waited till I was about to leave for service. Then suddenly my Mum came to me, "Joey, enough to spend or not? Mum give you $20 to spend ok?" It's like, God hears me, and solves my problem. God is good to me. How can I be a good child to you Father? Teach me, guide me.

I am willing



Me

Joey Soh
19
Temasek Poly(Business-Banking and Finance)
Enjoys sports activities
Love my dear for life


Chatterbox




lOVES
PIGGY!
Non-bitter chocolates
Computer
Studying*
Shopping
Liverpool

Escapes
Benjamin
Chuxuannerrrzz
Denise
Eddee
Edmond
Elise
Eunice
Eric
Huifen
JasmineGan
Jason
Jazreel
Jiahui
Jialing
Jiemin
Joyce
Juby
Kelvin
Qianwei
Reggina
Shenglin
Sherilyn
Sixiu
Stephanie
Tszshan
Vincent
Weiling
Weyzi
Xiuqing
Xubin
Yuhanis