So then, my beloved brethren, let every man be swift to hear, slow to speak, slow to wrath; for the wrath of man does not produce the righteousness of God.
Sometimes it may be a person's word, or gesture that hurt you. It happens countless times to me, but nevertheless I'm reminded by this verse. I wanted to so much slap his face and probably use some muay thai moves on him the moment I heard his words, but nope, I didn't because of this very verse. It's frustrating to hear those words, when you are actually serving at your upmost effort already. But, oh well, it's God I'm serving afterall, not men. Thank God for His word. I just pray that I will sow His word deep into my heart. Let me be more like You.
I feel I have grown, since the day I stepped into City Harvest. I was a kid back then, a shy and over sensitive person, rather spoilt and undisciplined. Introvert you say? Probably. Haha. But truly indeed, cellgroup and staying in church change lives. My previous lifestyle has been directed into a fruitful one. Going to church, trying to become more like Jesus, having discipleships, these will definitely help me grow to be a better person, a mature one. Patience, loving people, giving in and willingness in serving is what I'm still trying to get into my head. I believe I'll get it one day. Still a long way to go.
Lord mould me through scoldings and discipleships. Let my heart be so open to accept it.